[blparent] Cloth Diapers Anyone?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Tue Sep 25 02:04:21 UTC 2012

It's nasty, I agree.  But common sense isn't too common anymore.  Gerald and
I have had a long-raging battle over the dishwasher.  I want plates to be
scraped clean before they get put in; he barely runs them under water first.
I think the dishwasher is basically a sanitizer; he thinks it's almost a
garbage disposal.  Of course, it isn't he who has to scrape the half a plate
of spaghetti off the bottom after the machine has run, but that's a topic
for another day.  The idea that anybody, let alone most people surveyed,
would just dump the pail of dirty diapers in the machine and let it run
actually makes me queasy.  I don't know how they can believe they've got a
clean product on the other end of the wash cycle, much less a clean
machine--but who am I to judge?  That wouldn't fly at my house, either.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.