[blparent] on public transportation with a baby

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:59:54 UTC 2012

Hello and happy Friday.

You totally can bring a stroller on the bus and you can ask for the drivers
help in placing it in a safe place to get it out of the way of other riders.
If you know the configuration of the bus you're riding really well you can
always try and do this yourself but that could be a lot with a baby.  The
other riders around you might prove as helpful but that depends on each
individual trip as you know.  Depending on what you're doing and how far
you're going you might decide to have the baby in a carrier strapped to you
so you don't have to lug around a heavy stroller but each situation will
call for different things and you'll find-out what you like the most as you
go along.

As for the Taxi, if you're calling ahead of time I would let them know that
you'll have a baby in a car seat.  This will not only be courteous to the
cab company but it will also help prepare the driver so that the room is
made in the back seat.  This may not be an option if you're hailing a cab
however and in that case you'll just be doing what you need to do on the
fly.

Have a great weekend.

Erin