[blparent] Update on my daughter Ashlee

Bernadetta bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Sun Jan 27 17:49:57 UTC 2013

Jess,
i'm so sorry you had to do that. However, you should be assured that
you've made a choice that's in the best interest of the child. Assuming
she's been with that family from the start, she already knows them as
her own family. I am one who thinks that, rightful biological parents
or not,  a child feels traumatized if he or she has to uproot and move
to a different home, a different family, etc. after being somewhere
forever.  She knows those people as mommy and daddy, and as tough as it
must be  to surrender your parental rights, it might have hurt her more
at this point to be taken away from her environment which she's known
for her entire life.
I wish you the best of luck in everything. I can't even begin to
imagine what it must be like to give up one's child like that...But
good luck with everything, and we're all here for you, I'm sure.

Bernadetta