[blparent] (no subject)

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:49:29 UTC 2013

No I never said I was disgusted by my son's body. Perhaps I didn't explain
that very well. I don't even change him much due the the fact that I can't
bend much as it puts too much pressure on my sore eye. My husband changes
him unless he's not around then I do. I'm just frustrated because he's so
big and so much older and not trained. We do use blind techniques for
changing him.

The babysitter we have is actually trained to change seniors. Which given
her childish and skittish nature I find a bit disconcerting. I hope I never
end up in that nursing home. LOL

I'm just really stressed out right now and sometimes when your stressed out
things don't quite come out the way you plan them too.

We don't make much fuss about changing him except to comment when he gets
ticked off that if he'd use the toilet he wouldn't have to get changed
anymore. He only gets mad when he has to stop doing something interesting
to get cleaned up.

Honestly I think I'm just plain exhausted. Myles and I have both been sick
with colds and infections for over a month now as well. so I truly hope
nothing else happens. I know things could be much worse don't get me wrong
but, this is a ton of crap to muddle through all at once. I would never
intend to give the impression that I was disgusted with my son in any way.
I can understand why someone might think that but instead of taking a giant
leap in the conclusion department you might try asking questions to
determine whether that;s the case or not. I'm not offended in the least
but, I can foresee how jumping like that could really discourage someone
from sharing their heart on here for fear they might get their throat
ripped out. We're here to help each other with our kids. I know there was
no ill intent but, we should watch how we word things.
Just a thought. Anyway we've been through worse so I'm confident this will
pass as well.

--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!