[blparent] Convertible Car seat

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Thu Jun 6 15:29:36 UTC 2013

I have used our Sit 'N' Stroll for three kids and love it. Yes, it
definitely does get heavy, and that is a draw back. I guess I'm lucky to
have the upper body strength to make it work without too much of a problem.
Not that I'm super buff by any means. Smile. It's also only good up to 40
pounds. Our kids have all been on the light side... Our son actually didn't
hit 40 pounds until he was about 5! Our three year old is only about 26
pounds, and her one year old sister is probably right around 20... Crazy how
kids grow at their own rates. Anyway, because our kids are light, we were
able to get a lot of use out of the sit 'n' stroll, but I certainly
recognize this might not be the case for those whose kids are heavier. This
is also probably why I've had a much easier time getting the wheels in and
out with my kids in the seat... They are lighter to begin with. So I guess
that doesn't speak too much for my strength. Smile.
I have cleaned the cover several times and gotten it back on with no
problem... Again, obviously this is not the case for everyone. I do know the
sit 'n' stroll was under some type of redesign... I heard through the grape
vine that a blind parent in CA was working with the company to try to
improve it. I'm not sure if anything came of this--ours is six years old, so
I don't know if it's much different from the ones currently being sold. As
with all things, I would encourage you to try to check out all your options
and decide on the one which works best for you.
Hope this helps.
Melissa