[blparent] New guide Dog.

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:41:19 UTC 2014

			Judy says this well.
Realize that while the dog will mature, they will never get to the point
where they can care for themselves... ever. It's important to know this.
Realize that you will have access issues, and you will want to decide how to
handle them, and if you want your kids exposed to that. It's fine to say
yes, parents choose to expose or not expose their kids to all types of
things.. the gun discussion from a year back is case in point.

How does your husband feel about you getting a dog? Does he want to spend
the family's time energy and money taking the needs of *your* dog into
account? Guide dogs are different from the family pet.
Realize that people from your closest friends to random people you encounter
will expect a fully functional team, and that this may or may not have
anything to do with reality.