[blparent] changing dirty diapers

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Wed Dec 23 07:21:50 UTC 2015

Don't be afraid to touch.  Using your hands won't hurt anything.  You can
always wash them, and your fingers will let you know when your baby is
clean.  You can feel mostly through the wipe as you wash the mess away, and
it usually takes only one or two wipes unless the baby has a serious case of
diarrhea.  If she does, or if there is a lot of soil, you probably want to
put on ointment with your fingers anyway once she is clean.  But again,
don't be afraid to touch.  A lot of men, blind or sighted, are timid about
getting hands-on with their babies too much, especially their baby girls,
but there is absolutely nothing wrong with proper touching when it comes to
baby care, or plenty of affection.

Jo Elizabeth

"The Bright Side of Darkness"
is my newly published novel,
available in Kindle, audio, and paperback formats at Amazon.com.