[blparent] Traveling via Amtrak with a toddler - advice and suggestions please?

Corbb O'Connor corbb at rushpost.com
Thu Jun 25 20:00:48 UTC 2015

I don't know about a toddler specifically, but I do want to be sure you know this about Amtrak. If you call make a reservation and it is more than 21 days in advance of your travel, make sure that the representative gives you the 21 day advance purchase rate. Sometimes, if you mention a disability, they give you the 15% off disability fair; however, the 15 day advance purchase rate is 25%. This is a problem that we have alerted them to several times, but I don't know if it has been resolved. What we always do is look at how much tickets are online, and then we expect the same rate from the phone people.

Depending on how much baby gear you bring with you, it may be worth asking if people accessible seats are being used by somebody with a mobility disability. If not, the extra floor space me very helpful.

Let us know what you're learning… It won't be long before we are in the same boat, er train car so to speak!

Corbb, from my iPhone