[blparent] Using your other senses to catch kids lying

Sheila Leigland sheila.leigland at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:13:40 UTC 2015

Hi when our son was eight or nine, he went to some stores with a friend
and his mother. When mark got home, the mother told me that mark had
stolen an article from a store but wasn't sure which one it was. We took
mark to the two stores that were posibilities and found out that one of
the stores didn't even sell that particular item. The second store had
the itembut was very busy that day and didn't remember him being there
at all. Mark said that he left money for the item on the counter we also
had very similiar items at home. I asked why he took the blame without a
fight and he told us that he thought that we wouldn't believe him
because she was an adult and he was just a kid.I also don't think that
the smell your breath thing in reliable. we only used that to try and
figure out if he had a sinus infection.
trusting your own judgment is more important than taking the word of
other adults and as a blind parent we found that taking the word of
others instead of trusting our own judgment was detremental and even
dangerous to our son's health and well being.