[blparent] behavior problems with our 4 year old

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 03:53:30 UTC 2016

It's the context that makes it either harsh or loving.  That is also going
to depend on the age of the child and their understanding.  I believe
children should be punished only for what they are accountable for.  For
instance, if they have unknowingly done something wrong, regardless what
age, if it is an honest mistake, (and that happens to us adults as well),
too, they should be gently guided in the way they understand.  But when a
child willfully disobeys, knowing what is expected, but makes that conscious
decision to be willful, that is when the stricter discipline should come
into play.  Willful disobedience is the marker here.

Judy