[blparent] New blind parents

Donna mermaid7 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 24 01:18:21 UTC 2018

Hi Tony

I am blind & have 7 children. Yes, you read that correctly. Caring for & parenting blind isn’t much different from how sighted parents care for & parent their children. Diaper changes & when baby starts eating by spoon, things may get a bit messy. You will figure out tricks that works best for you. Bathing a baby is the same as you washing yourself. Making sure not to get soap in baby’s eyes, that the water temperature isn’t too cold/hot. Having the pharmacist put a cut in the barrel of a syringe for the correct amount of liquid medications. I have a syringe for each liquid medication & I secure the syringe to each bottle with a rubber band. Using a cloth mesh garmet bag to place all of baby’s socks in when washing/drying makes the job easier & no lost socks. Congrats on the upcoming birth of your bundle of joy!

Donna