[Cabs-talk] rumors and reality: cabs election?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:38:29 UTC 2009

responders,
  i think that the ideas are  great ideas, and that every success that
we've had and continue to have  buildson the momentum that sends us to
a well-oiled divsion and state.
 i feel that it is so true that we need to get people excited to join
NFBC and cabs.  It is not enough to simplyask, or to remind them to.
it's more of a matter of making this  organization worth it to them.
If we're fighting, we're not winning and if we're not winning, we're
losing. (winning or losing in regards to the kind of success we are
seeing).
 So, i guess i am saying that organizing is  a wonderful thought, but
right now, i would suspect it's just a thought.   Let's make ourselves
inclusivewithin our activities,  and implicit in our preaching  of
philosiphy.  This is to say,  it's not enough to say "we're blind and
we can do what our sighted peers can do"  it's  aboutdoing what our
sighted peers do.
major props(yes I'm using slang on a list-serve... it's a student list
serve so it should be fine) to cabs for making  the river rafting trip
work!
 I feel like  the conference call would be great for people to put a
face to the name of the individuals and give people  a stake in
showing up to the meeting at convention.  If  people wanted, the
results of this conference call can be posted on  the list-serve post
meeting so those who miss it can still look at it.
  i can't top mikes  post, but i wanted to responde to it.
  have  an awsome day!
 Darian