[Cabs-talk] Capcha

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Wed Nov 11 21:33:07 UTC 2009

Dear CABS members,
	First of all I would like to compliment Justin on the excellent work
he has done over the past couple of weeks on the CABS web site. He has taken
ownership of the project, putting his heart into it in a way which is a
shining example for the rest of us to follow.
	The audio CAPTIA which Justin has found is very accessible to blind
people, and to those of us who are hard of hearing. I had no trouble with
it, and my hearing, or lack of it, makes most audio CAPTIAS almost
impossible. This is quite literally the best CAPTIA I have come across.
	The fact that this CAPTIA is not accessible to deaf-blind folks is a
concern to me as well as to Justin. I appreciate the concerns Michael has
expressed on this list, and would like to invite him and others to join us
in helping to find a solution to this problem. It is one thing to point out
a problem and encourage others to fix it, but joining in the effort and
helping to find a positive solution is truly praise worthy.
	As your president, I'm concerned about CABS members giving each
other what could be construed as negative feedback on a public forum. Justin
originally posted to this list asking for our help, and I would ask that all
future posts be directed in this vain. If we build each other in public,
sharing the knowledge and wisdom we've all been blessed with, and gently
correct in private when necessary, we will be a much friendlier CABS which
people will truly enjoy volunteering their time to serve.
With deepest sincerity
Angela Fowler (president)
California Association of Blind Students