[Cabs-talk] Advice on Independent Living Training in the summer of 2013?

kwakmiso at aol.com kwakmiso at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 04:20:03 UTC 2013

Hello all,
As the subject of this e-mail indicates I would like some advices on
independent living training I could get during the summer of 2013.
I am currently a high school senior and plan to attend college right
away as class of 2017.
I am confident on Braille skills and computer usage (in the extent I
need) but I would like to improve my mobility skills and housekeeping
skills before I go live in college dorm.
I know of several facilities and programs offered from there but rather
than just the websites' advertisments, I would like to hear from people
who actually experienced training from different places.
Location of the place does not matter much to me.
What I care more is curriculum, atmosphere, length of the program,
flexibility of the schedule (i.e. any free time to do things on the
weekends or evenings?) and how you felt afterward.
Please e-mail me either on or off the list.
This summer is the time to do it for me and I want to have the best
experience possible.
Thank you in advance.
Miso Kwak