[Cabs] CABS Board Meeting Minutes

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 02:16:29 UTC 2009

January 25, 2009 Board Meeting

Present were: Marty Rahn, Nijat Worley, Melissa Green, Arielle
Silverman, Laurie Pokin, Maurice Mines, Angie Moran and Monika
Reinholtz.
Arielle and Nijat each have approximately $20 in snack pack money.
They will keep this money rather than receiving a $25 perdiem for
Washington Seminar.
November minutes were accepted.
The CABS Web site is linked to the NFB of Colorado site.
Maurice and Melissa will work on purchasing a separate domain for CABS
and will ensure the site is linked to both the NFB of Colorado and
NABS Web pages. The domain will be discussed at the  next board
meeting.
The CABS Constitution was revised to fix grammatical errors  and it
will be presented to the state affiliate board for acceptance.
We discussed the issue of loose dogs (off-leash) threatening guide
dogs on our campuses. Melissa will write to Chris Foster about this
and discuss ways for the student division to disseminate information
about the laws and the importance of keeping dogs on-leash.
We have not yet received the chapter dispersement from the NFB of Colorado.
Scott and Lorinda need to initiate the opening of a CABS account
(probably with Wells Fargo).
Approximate balance: $670
Someone needs to talk to Terry Garrett about whether we can hold the
CSDB seminar as planned on Friday, March 6.

Respectfully Submitted,
Arielle Silverman
Secretary, Colorado Association of Blind Students