[Cash-and-caring] quiz turning to cash - 2 problems with the Monkey

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Fri Feb 15 22:22:44 UTC 2013

One problem with the quiz on Survey Monkey is this: The name of National Federation of the Blind is impossible to read because the background is all black, the print is all white and fairly small in font size, but that’s not the problem for our name.  The name is in, I guess, gray, and absolutely not readable on the page by eyesight. Here is a copy and paste of the text. Humph, now below, here on my email I can read the dim gray print, but no, not at all on the Survey Monkey page.  Sure, shite on black is praised for low vision readers, but since we need to draw in both sighted and blind quiz-takers, this color of gray needs to be changed in the next quiz.

The second problem  I noticed: I wanted to take the quiz more than once and the Monkey so annoyingly tells me I’ve already taken it and refuses to let me in to play.  That can work against us too. If I take the quiz more than once, maybe I will feel I owe something to the kitty for my fun.

Welcome

Welcome to our Quiz on Blindness. Test your knowledge and enter to win $100!
We are the National Federation of the Blind<http://www.nfb.org/>, and we are changing what it means to be blind through programs and education. Most of our programs and educational materials are of no charge to the public. They are all made possible through generous contributions.
After you take our quiz feel free to make a donation of your choice through our Pay Pal link. You must enter your email address at the end of the quiz in order to be eligible for the $100.
The winner will be chosen at random. You will receive a confirmation email. Good luck and spread the word!

Lorraine Rovig, proofreader
Assistant to the Editors of Future Reflections and Braille Monitor
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND