[Cinci-nfb] A question for anyone who went to the Laterza coffee tour or Rivertown

Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting info at onhconsulting.com
Thu Feb 25 15:15:20 UTC 2016

Deborah.

They're sending me a new card and de-activating the old one in two weeks.
I'll have to change over all my credit card info, but there is no reason to
believe my account was actually used fraudulently. My concern is that
Rivertown Brewery is the only merchant that I've used on that card in weeks
(besides Apple). We haven't heard of any large scale data breaches involving
Amazon, so this leads me to think it's an E-commerce platform associated
with Rivertown Brewery or possibly an employee there taking credit card
info. Yes, the scammers have stepped up their efforts dramatically; we've
had a spate of calls from a person purporting to be Fifth Third Bank saying
that "your account has been locked."

I just wanted to let everyone know that this happened in case anyone else
used a credit card on Saturday at lunch at Rivertown Brewery.

Thanks,

Chris

Since they're a small business using taking credit cards, the former seems
more likely.