[Cinci-nfb] Sensory Safari Workshop

Deanna Lewis deannakay03 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 13:22:50 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I didn't get a chance at our last Chapter meeting to mention this, but
I wanted you all to know about the upcoming Sensory Safari event at
Clovernook! We went to the Sensory Safari in 2008 or 2009 with the NFB
Mentoring Program and it was very neat and educational.
Deanna

Sensory Safari Workshop
When: Saturday, September 9
Time: 1:00-4:00 PM
Location: Clovernook Procter Center (if using Access request to be
dropped off and picked up at the Clovernook Procter Center Lower
Level).
Cost: $15.00
What is Sensory Safari? Sensory Safari is a mobile education unit that
is very rewarding and moving. Children and adults everywhere,
especially those with visual impairments, are offered a unique
opportunity to see wildlife through the sense of touch. This is done
by utilizing donated animal mounts, skins, skulls, and horns on
display.
Stay after for lunch and a sculpture class!
To sign-up, please contact Jenn Jacobs at 728-6 235 or via email at:
jjacobs at clovernook.org<mailto:jjacobs at clovernook.org>