[Colorado-talk] Emily Griffith Opportunity School

Diane McGeorge rmcgeorge at comcast.net
Fri Dec 10 01:51:59 UTC 2010

In reading your post, Beth, and in reading Eddie's post I think Eddie has
covered the situation very well.  As for rehab paying for English grammar
classes for the two students you mention, unless Eddie knows something I
don't know and he certainly could, I do not believe the students you mention
would be eligible for rehab funding unless they are citizens.  Eddie's
suggestion of having a friend read and interpret the school policies sounds
very reasonable to me.  Do the students you speak of have contacts in the
U.S. from their native countries?  Their situation is difficult to say the
least but not "unsolvable" but they would need help from someone who speaks
their language and also knows English to help read and interpret.  However,
I do not believe that under the circumstances rehab can give them any
assistance.  I'll be interested to see what others think.  Thanks for the
interesting information.  I hope you invited these two students to come to
an NFB chapter meeting.
Diane