[Colorado-talk] host family for blind exchange student.

melissa R green graduate56 at juno.com
Wed Jul 18 18:12:38 UTC 2012

I received this message from Emily Rusca .
She works with the YES Program, a US State Department Scholarship program
for students from 40 countries with significant Muslim populations.  She
states, "I am writing because I am currently working to identify a host
family for one of our students that will be on-program next year, Trokon,
who is blind. Trokon is a bright and kind 16-year old boy from Liberia, and
we're hoping to find the right home and school for him.

I would like to place him with a family in or around Greeley/Denver or
Colorado Springs.  We have a local staff person, Angela Goetz, who lives in
Greeley and who is very eager to work with Trokon and his host family over
the course of this next year."
I am pasting a flier that Ms. russca sent me about this young man.  as well
as her contact information and the information of the west regional person .
Please contact these persons  if interested.
Also share this information with others who may be interested.
The flier and the contact information will be before my signature.

Flier:
Disclaimer: This is a photo of a previous Ayusa YES student.

?

Trokon is a kind and thoughtful individual, often involved with his church
community for social outings when not occupied with school or studies. He
loves to sing. Trokon has gone to a boarding school for the blind and would
love the opportunity to study with other blind students again. He believes
this environment will provide him with great tools, resources, and
encouragement to excel. He feels very strongly about getting a good
education despite his disability and looks to others with disabilities that
have made great strides and contributions in more developed countries.
Trokon intends on improving his English and to develop his faculties in
order to help his country and fellow Liberians.

Trokon looks forward to becoming an active participant in his host family,
and knows that they will love and guide him through his experience in the
U.S. He also hopes to play soccer and learn instruments, and participate in
community service. Trokon loves to explore and try out new adventures!

?

?

Highlights:

?

Trokon suffers from blindness.

He loves to learn, and is eager to take advantage of resources in the US to
learn as much as possible.

Trokon is Christian, and hopes to be active in his church community while in
the US

?

?

. Two of his favorite pastimes are singing and soccer

For more information on hosting TROKON visit ayusa.org or call us at 1 800
288 1221

Contact information:
Emily Rusca
YES Grant Program Coordinator, Ayusa International

415-434-5529

erusca at ayusa.org

western regional

Cathy Galli-Vaneveld

Western Regional Manager, Ayusa International

925-957-0706

cgalli-vaneveld at ayusa.org

Have a blessed day.
Blessings,
Always,
Melissa and Pj
Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.