[Colorado-talk] about Pizzability

Doula Jarboe doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 00:07:01 UTC 2018

Greetings My Fellow Federationists,

 This past Saturday, Wesley and I visited a new restaurant called
Pizzability. This particular restaurant specializes both in hiring and
employing people with disabilities, as well as being an establishment
for people with disabilities. I was a little disappointed that they
didn't have a Braille menu. The owner was incredibly appologetic
explaining that they really tried to do something in Braille for the
special Soft opening menu. She said that their regular menu would be
in Braille. They do have a Braille wall which I think anyone who is
good with tactal art might need to give her some help and advice. This
Braille wall is supposed to have quotes in Braille. But the materials
that were used don't make the Braille very legible, the dots of the
letters aren't spaced very well. And I found at least one letter that
had a dot missing. I felt like I was trying to solve a puzzle just to
figure out what it said. Also, whoever designed this did a combination
of grade one and grade towo from what I was seeing, also rather
confusing. She did say that things like the drink station would be
labeled with Braille. She also asked me a question that I didn't have
an answer for. Maybe people who are in BEP could help out with this
one. Her question was how to label in Braille lids for spice
containers that go through a very hot dishwasher. The food wasn't too
bad, and it's in a location that is easy to get to. The address ins
250 Steele Street in north Cherry Creek. I'm wanting to go back again
at some point, just to see if she keeps her word about the Braille
menu, and to see how the establishment gets on. Especially in that
particular location.
Warmly,
Doula