[Colorado-Talk] Blind Coloradoan Blog, August 15

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Thu Aug 15 19:43:40 UTC 2019

Here is what you need to know.

Read all of these stories on NFB NewslineR and by going to
https://theblindcoloradan.blogspot.com/2019/08/blind-coloradoan-august-15-20
19.html

Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind Bulldogs defend turf against New
Mexico and California Goalball squads.

Here is your chance to observe Goalball and root on our Mighty Bulldogs in
person at the school, or the broadcast, live, on the CSBD YouTube channel.

Click here
<https://theblindcoloradan.blogspot.com/2019/08/blind-coloradoan-august-15-2
019.html>  to get all of the dets for the Saturday morning,  September 7
battle at the school.

Colorado Center for the Blind & Western Welcome Week.

One of the highlights of the year for the Littleton community is Western
Welcome Week. Dan Burke explains why it is a highlight for our Colorado
Center for the Blind and NFBCO of Denver chapter.

Colorado Springs City Blind Meet Up is back in August!

Big news from Audio Information Network Colorado, AINC.

Meet Luther, Thailand's only guide dog, and his brave owner fighting for
understanding.

Luther is the guide dog. The blind handler is Kirin Techawongtham. When she
attended our CCB Summer Program, we knew her as Sai. We thought you might
enjoy reading about her
<https://theblindcoloradan.blogspot.com/2019/08/blind-coloradoan-august-15-2
019.html> . She was recently profiled in Channel News Asia, CNA. She
graduated from Hendrix College in Arkansas. When she is back in her native
country Thailand, she is raising expectations and teaching by example about
traveling with a guide dog.

Note: Please plan now to join our NFBCO family for the 2019 State
Convention. The program will be stellar. Your welcome will be warm. And your
contribution acknowledged. It is Halloween weekend at the Fort Collins
Hilton. Convention kicks off with a Western Ho-down Thursday evening.
Reserve your rooms and register now! Here are the dets:
https://www.nfbco.org/nfbco-state-convention-review

Manager, Project Literacy

303-929-2369

 <http://www.nfbco.org/> www.nfbco.org