[Colorado-Talk] Grand Valley Chapter Holiday Happening

Rob trebor681 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 21:00:03 UTC 2019

Thank you to everyone who attended our holiday party today. We appreciate
all of your support and help in growing our chapter this year and we look
forward to what excitement 2020 brings. Our next event is the Barnes and
Noble Book Fair on Tuesday, December 10, 2019. Attached is a flyer with a
voucher to be presented in person to any retail Barnes and Noble and a
portion of your purchase will be donated to our chapter. This voucher even
counts in the bakery so a coffee on a cold day if you have time! The text
of the flyer is below my signature line.

A link to NFBCO Grand Valley Chapter Facebook or you can search for
@BlindLVGJ
https://www.facebook.com/events/2482655858658810/

We are also offering free gift wrapping at Barnes and Noble on December 13,
17, and 18 at the Grand Junction Barnes and Noble

Please join us in promoting the Gift of Literacy this holiday season and
bring Braille and blind awareness to our community.
We hope you have a great day and look forward to meeting you and your
friends and family at Barnes and Noble this month! Merry Christmas, Happy
Holidays and have a Happy New Year if I do not get to tell you in person!

Thank you all NFB of Colorado!

Cordially,
Rob Harris
Treasurer
NFB of Colorado Grand Valley Chapter
--
Rob Harris
970-208-3100

Text from Attached Flyer

Barnes and Noble
Book Fair Supporting
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
Grand Valley Chapter
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 9 AM to 3 PM
Barnes and Noble in GJ
2451 Patterson Rd, GJ, CO 81505

OUR MISSION

“The mission of the National Federation of the Blind is to achieve
widespread emotional acceptance and intellectual understanding that the the
real problem of blindness is not the loss of eyesight but the
misconceptions and lack of information which exist. We do this by bringing
blind people together to share successes, to support each other in times of
failure, and to create imaginative solutions.”

The NFB of Colorado, a state affiliate of the national organization, shares
this mission and works as a whole and in concert with its state-wide
chapters to accomplish it.
Voucher is good in person at any BN

• Learn about Braille literacy and other tactile hands-on learning.
• Decode the message in Braille