[Colorado-Talk] Denver Chapter Meetin Saturday

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 23:28:10 UTC 2020

Happy New Year NFB of Colorado!

The Denver Chapter's first meeting of 2020 is this Saturday, January
18, from 10 a.m. to noon at the Colorado Center for the Blind as
usual, 2233 W. Shepperd Ave. in Littleton.

It’s a new year and it’s election time, as well as time to renew our
membership. So, for those that haven’t ;paid dues yet, bring your $5
if you want to vote in the Denver Chapter election!

Denver is the oldest chapter in the NFB of Colorado, and I’m not
talking about my age. I’m talking about the fact that the NFB of
Denver was formed in 1955, and among it’s first members were a young
couple named Ray and Diane McGeorge. They recently were honored at the
NFB Jernigan ;Institute, and we’ll talk about that. We’ll also have
donuts and talk about a new proposal that the NFB of Greater Baltimore
and the NFB of Denver consider becoming sister chapters.

Cool idea!

Now, for February, we’re going to have a joint meeting with the Mile
High Chapter and talk about the 2020 Census. After that, we’ll be
having a Latin Dance class. The flyer is attached, and we can thank
Maureen for organizing the dance lesson!

Cha Cha cha!

Come and join us  on Saturday!

Dan

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Coordinator

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"