[Colorado-Talk] [NFB-Greeley] Thank you.

Kevan Worley kevan at nfbco.org
Mon Nov 2 16:35:22 UTC 2020

Well, thank you as well. Everyone participates in their own way to keep our great Colorado Federation family connected and moving forward with such commitment, energy and love. Truly. Truly that is a family. Thanks to all for your support for each other. That’s what it is all about. I am truly sorry we had some technical difficulties at the banquet. Y’all should really listen to some of those breaking blind videos that Maureen has done over the years and they are still up on YouTube on her breaking blind channel. The haunted house was one of my favorites. And it was perfect for Halloween night. Unfortunately, most of us were not able to thoroughly enjoy it in all of its creepy, fun, weird glory! I felt terrible terrible that we couldn’t get one of the choir songs up. Sometimes technology just gets in the way of the best laid plans of women and men and boys and girls. I also know that was very disappointing to some of our choir members. I’m sure folks were dialed in to hear the beautiful voices arranged it so skillfully and lovingly by Rene and her team. I don’t think anyone felt as bad about it as Kevin Kovacs. And I also think people do not have a clue about the number of hours Kevin put in to edit the choir. It’s not as easy as just patching everybody together. Kevin is really really a very good editor. To the point where I think that he could probably be making 70, 80, $100 an hour working for major studios. He is that good. Nevertheless, a virtual choir is very very painstaking editing work. One song can take tens of hours. It’s painstaking work. It is work that Hass to be done with great thoroughness and attention to detail. And even after all of that, because of the nature of zoom and other technologies. It’s very difficult to get it to come out perfect. And some of us are better singers than others. Nothing you can do about that without autotune. Which we’re not using. I’m sure we will find a way to get the choir up on YouTube or feature at upcoming NFBCO events. It was fun and very very Uplifting to hear the songs that we did get to hear at the convention. I also think we are very very lucky to have Scott LaBarre as our president. Not many people would have handled Friday afternoon‘s session with the department of labor with his kind of skill, diplomacy Understanding and just the right note of forcefulness! These are hard times for many of us. Hard times economically? Hard time is because people are often completely shut in and isolated. Hard times because of all of the inflammatory rhetoric around politics, race, the pandemic, religion, almost everything. I think the national Federation of the blind and our state and national conventions are a wonderful Soothing place to meet up and share and be kind to each other and enjoy life a little more with people who happen to be blind and our non-blind friends and family. With every family. With every institution. With every organization. There are going to be challenges, disappointments, and even a little bit of stress and anxiety for those who are managing the events. But when it is all said and done. All I can say is, love my federation brothers and sisters and forward! Always forward.