[Colorado-Talk] Learning Box Education Initiative Meets With Early Success

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Tue Feb 23 19:37:10 UTC 2021

Greetings colleagues and friends,

I am asking a favor. Our Private School Initiative Committee and partners
have developed a wonderful online learning class with sessions for our blind
children and sessions for their parents. If you have a blind kiddo please
consider signing up. And please, please circulate this announcement far and
wide. Please!

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Organization of Parents of
Blind Children Celebrates Learning Box Program Early Success!
Seeks More Families to Participate.

Our first Learning Box activity was a huge success! Nine students from the
ages of 2-14 participated in two interactive lessons. Each student received
a magnetic white board with geometrical shapes in a variety of sizes,
colors, and textures. The lesson included an educational component where
students identified shapes and their attributes, discussed concepts of
geometry, worked with patterns, matching, sorting, and more.

Your first learning box activity lesson is on us! Subscription Prices and

$25 month to month subscription

$125 for a 6-month subscription

$250 for a 12-month subscription

Note: Scholarships are available. We don't want any family left out!

We will continue to have learning boxes on the fourth Sunday of each month
for students. Here is a tentative list of upcoming Learning Box activities:

February: Math (Cooking, measuring, marking home appliances)

March: Science (Fun experiments)

April: Literacy (Create your own story)

May: Science (exploring plant life)

To join in the fun for our February learning box activity contact us at:
<mailto:coloradoparentsofblindchildren at gmail.com>
coloradoparentsofblindchildren at gmail.com

Any donations are greatly appreciated.

We are indebted to the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults
and the Colorado Center for the Blind for their vast knowledge, inspiration,
and support for our emerging dynamic education initiatives.

Sincerely,

Amira Lucas-President, Colorado Organization Parents of Blind Children, a
proud division of NFBCO.

Michelle Chacon-Teacher of blind students; and chairperson, NFBCO Children's
Education Initiative.

Martin Becerra-Miranda-Director of Youth Services, Colorado Center for the
Blind

Manager, Project Literacy

303-929-2369

 <http://www.nfbco.org/> www.nfbco.org