[Colorado-Talk] VR Counsellor for School

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 20:50:46 UTC 2023

Hi Elizabeth -

Are you living here? How long?

If you're still in Chicago, you likely have a VR counselor there, and
there's no reason you wouldn't use that counselor to go to school out
of state.

On the other hand, there is in-state and out-of-state tuition at
nearly every state college or university, and that is certainly the
case at CU-Boulder. If you are not living here now, you would need to
be here a year to get the in-state rate, which is much lower. But in
Colorado, if you are under age 23, there's no way you can get in-state
until you reach that age. And only in certain cases will VR agree to
pay an out-of-state level of tuition. That's true in every state, I
suspect.

If you are in Colorado, the number to cll to set up an
intake/application for Blind Low Vision Services is 720-908-2699

If you have more questions (or answers to our questions), feel free to
rach out to any of us.

Best,
Dan