[Colorado-Talk] VR Counsellor for School

Elizabeth Sprecher elizabeth.sprecher103 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 22:39:56 UTC 2023

Hi,
I want to know how much a VR counselor would provide for tuition before I make my decision to attend Boulder. I am waiting to find out from Boulder if they have any TA and/or accompanying awards, since that is a big part of grad school. I applied for piano performance. I followed up with them a few times and they said they are still waiting for more information. They said they had a lot of talented students.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 11, 2023, at 3:51 PM, Dan Burke via Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Elizabeth -
>
> Are you living here? How long?
>
> If you're still in Chicago, you likely have a VR counselor there, and
> there's no reason you wouldn't use that counselor to go to school out
> of state.
>
> On the other hand, there is in-state and out-of-state tuition at
> nearly every state college or university, and that is certainly the
> case at CU-Boulder. If you are not living here now, you would need to
> be here a year to get the in-state rate, which is much lower. But in
> Colorado, if you are under age 23, there's no way you can get in-state
> until you reach that age. And only in certain cases will VR agree to
> pay an out-of-state level of tuition. That's true in every state, I
> suspect.
>
> If you are in Colorado, the number to cll to set up an
> intake/application for Blind Low Vision Services is 720-908-2699
>
> If you have more questions (or answers to our questions), feel free to
> rach out to any of us.
>
> Best,
> Dan
>

>> On 4/11/23, Jessica Beecham via Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Will you be living in Boulder?
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 1:48 PM Elizabeth Sprecher via Colorado-Talk <
>> colorado-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> I recently applied to University of Colorado Boulder and I'm wondering if
>>> anyone knows a VR Counsellor I could talk to?
>>> I'm from Chicago, so the requirements and cost of school might be
>>> different in another state.
>>> Thanks
>>> Elizabeth