[Colorado-Talk] S.T.R.E.S.S.

Gail Hamilton gail at soaringintogreatness.com
Fri Apr 28 15:00:06 UTC 2023

Is Stress something in your life right now? Here are a few tips to help.

S.T.R.E.S.S.
#Main
https://soaringintogreatness.com/one-paw-at-a-time/https://soaringintogreatness.com/one-paw-at-a-time/

Stress! Everyone has experienced it sometime in their lives and everyone wants to get rid of it!!!

This reminds me of a game we used to play in college called “Under the Blanket Game.”

An unsuspecting participant would sit in the middle of the floor with a blanket on top of him/her. Others around the person would say, “You have something, we want it, give it to us!” The person in the center of the circle would squirm while the people on the outside would keep on repeating their mantra, “You have something, we want it, give it to us!”

The person under the blanket would start removing their glasses, jewelry, socks, and shoes and pass them under the blanket. The people on the outside would keep repeating, “YOU have something, we want it, just give it to us!!”

If the participant was savvy, they'd finally understand what the group wanted and remove the blanket with much laughter! If not, then, they would remove various pieces of clothing until it became evident that the thing the group wanted was the blanket!

Isn't Stress similar? Stress is something to have! You don't want it! And all you have to do is simply give it away, i.e. give the energy zero attention!!! . . . But how?

Simply, by taking the outer unnecessary layers off, you can alleviate your stress just like the blanket. Let’s illustrate this with an anagram:
1. S Stop what you're doing and take stock of what's on your plate! What things on your plate bring you joy, and what things don't? What things do you have to do, and what things can you delegate to others?
2. T Trust that what you decide to remove from your plate is the right thing to do! You know best! No one else can tell you what you Should or Shouldn't do. You are the master of your domain.
3. Relax and rest. Even a spinning top has to stop spinning before it can begin its twirling motion again. It's okay to pause, breathe, and take some time off for yourself. Put your phone down, turn off your TV, and just sit in silence. If you're a praying person, pray, meditate, and breathe. There's nothing that has to be done right here right now! Take a break!
4. Exercise and eat. Are you exercising regularly and eating what you should? If not, putting these back on your plate will help reduce anxiety, worry, anger, and depression. Make a date with yourself to exercise or do something active at least once this week! Make another date to check your refrigerator and cabinets to see what has found its way inside.
5. S How much sleep are you getting per night? According to experts you need 7 to 9 hours—no more, no less—per night of sleep. Short-changing yourself can lead to Alzheimer's disease! And, make sure you go to bed at the same time every night. And, if you still can't sleep, try a magnesium supplement with dinner; this will surely help*!!!
6. S Believe you have the power to take off the STRESS “blanket” and replace it with a lighter calmer Spirit blanket. This Spirit blanket is easy to maneuver in, is transparent, and can protect you—yet, it can be permeable and translucent.

I challenge you to take off your STRESS blanket, stop and look at your plate, trust yourself, relax into the moment, exercise, eat something nutritious, get some sleep, and pay attention to your spirit in order to discern your truth! In those ways, you will let go of stress and embrace Spirit. All is in divine order! You choose the type of blanket you want to wrap your Self in! In choosing your own blanket, not someone else’s, you will change the way you see, and you will change the way you live!!!

*I am not a medical doctor. Please consult a medical professional before adding any supplements to your regimen.
Click Here to Read More of Gail's Blog (https://soaringintogreatness.com/blog/)

** Inspired by Gail's Posts?

Gail is a powerful international motivational speaker, trainer,  and author. She guides and inspires audiences to recognize and shed their fears so they too can soar into their greatness. Gail is available for keynote presentations, concurrent sessions, workshops and retreats.

Book Her for Your Next Event (https://soaringintogreatness.com/speaking-topics/)

Gail's Speaking Topics

Soaring Into Greatness:
How to Live an Unstoppable, Unforgettable & Unbelievable life

Flying Free With The Triple Three:
The Power of Alignment, Attitude & Action

Lessons Learned From Man's Best Friend:
Trust, Love & Commitment

Focusing On What Really Matters:
Change the Way You See and You'll Change the Way You Live.

Do’s and Don’ts Regarding Interacting with a Blind Person:
Things Everyone Needs to Know

Stepping into the Light:
Making Sense of Your Seven Senses
Get Gail's Inspirational Book: Soaring Into Greatness (https://soaringintogreatness.com/purchase-book/)

** Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/soaringGailHamilton/)
** LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/gaillhamilton)
** Link (https://www.instagram.com/soaring.into.greatness/)
** Website (http://www.soaringintogreatness.com)
** Email (mailto:gail at soaringintogreatness.com)
Copyright © Soaring Into Greatness. All rights reserved.

Soaring Into Greatness
3500 S. Sherman St. #143
Englewood, Colorado 80113

You can ** update your preferences (https://soaringintogreatness.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=82d3235cceb8b42122614553b&id=cfdfdf486e&e=6db269d79c&c=66c869225b)