[Colorado-Talk] Idea for Self Defense

Elizabeth Sprecher elizabeth.sprecher103 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 04:58:24 UTC 2023

Hey all,
I had an idea about maybe having an event somewhere in Littleton or Denver,
where we discuss self-defense strategies for when traveling.
I had this idea since I've had more than my share of experiences while
traveling, and I'm sure you have as well.
The idea is to have a two-hour session where the first hour is spent
talking and learning self-defense tools that could be used when strangers
grab us. This could include body movements, as well as body language, and
how to immediately use those. As a blind person, I have not had a lot of
experiences around knowing body language, aand how to show strangers we
also need our personal space. The second hour could maybe be a scenario
based learning experience, where we go outside and someone will practice
being the sighted person and we have to use the self-defense tools we
learned to assert ourselves.
I was thinking of having the Mile-high Chapter partner with other chapters
for a well-rounded discussion.
What do you think?
Thank You for reading this.
Elizabeth