[Colorado-Talk] Day at the Capitol Monday, Feb. 13

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 00:08:21 UTC 2023

That's right -it's this Monday, and here are some more of the deets.

*	We will meet in the Old Supreme Court Chamber, which is the 2nd
Floor of the Capitol, on the north end of the building.

*	We will begin our organizing promptly at 9:00, so please arrive
between 8:30 and 9:00. We have a tight schedule to start the morning,
but we will get ourselves into groups and all will have assignments as
in years past.

*	At 9:45 or or earlier, we will begin to make our way to the Senate
chamber for a tribute to Scott LaBarre by our long-time friend, Sen.
Jessie Danielson. This will be entered into the record of the Senate.

*	The Senate is on the opposite side of the Capitol from the Old
Supreme Court Chamber, or on the south side. Most of us will need to
go to the 3rd floor to take seats in the gallery. A few, including
Anahit and family, will be ushered onto the floor of the Senate for
the tribute.

*	The Senate session begins at 10:00 that morning, and so we need to
be settled in our seats in plenty of time.

*	Afterwards, we'll get our groups back together and march off to
deliver our message to all 100 members of the Colorado General
Assembly!

We'll send out our memorandum on issues electronically this weekend.

Thanks all, and see you on Monday!

Dan

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Co-chair

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"