[Colorado-Talk] Day at the Capitol Monday, Feb. 13

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:21:25 UTC 2023

Here's an update with some earlier times to be seated.  Attaching the
Memorandum we'll be giving to the General Assembly members, and also
pasting at the end. Please read before Monday morning.
*	We will meet in the Old Supreme Court Chamber, which is the 2nd
Floor of the Capitol, on the north end of the building.

*	We will begin our organizing promptly at 9:00, so please arrive
between 8:30 and 8:50. We have a tight schedule to start the morning,
but we will get ourselves into groups and all will have assignments as
in years past.

*	At 9:40 or or earlier, we will begin to make our way to the Senate
chamber for a tribute to Scott LaBarre by our long-time friend, Sen.
Jessie Danielson. This will be entered into the record of the Senate.

*	The Senate is on the opposite side of the Capitol from the Old
Supreme Court Chamber, or on the south side. Most of us will need to
go to the 3rd floor to take seats in the gallery. A few, including
Anahit and family, will be ushered onto the floor of the Senate for
the tribute.

*	The Senate session begins at 10:00 that morning, and so we need to
be settled in our seats by 9:50 if possible.

*	Afterwards, we'll get our groups back together and march off to
deliver our message to all 100 members of the Colorado General
Assembly!

* In the basement of the Capitol is Nate Hecker's vending site. You
can get lunch there, bottled water, and Nate has a brand-new espresso
machine. So, be ready to support our blind vendor at the Capitol on
Monday! Wahoo!

Our memorandum on issues is attached in PDF and pasted below. Please
read up on the issues. Our schedule this year is a little more
compressed than in our past years, so we won't take time to read the
entire thing when we collect in the Old Supreme Court Chamber but will
focus our time instead on getting our groups and assignments
organized.

Thanks all, and see you on Monday morning!

Dan

MEMORANDUM