[Colorado-Talk] ChiliPalooza

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Feb 25 18:28:29 UTC 2023

Hi, everybody. I'm heating up the New Mexican green chili with pork that cooked all day yesterday in my crockpot. My house is beginning to smell like heaven. The recipe I used was passed down to me from my grandma, and the smell brings back childhood memories of the fall, when four generations of us would get together to roast chilies in her backyard horno, or adobe oven, then peel them while they were warm, pack them in Ziploc bags, and layer the bags in her freezer. She had an entire freezer in her kitchen set aside for red and green chilies. She and my grandpa would travel from farm to farm, tasting chilies to choose just the right ones for roasting. I could go on and on about my grandparents, but anyway, see you all in a few hours.

Blessings,
Jo Elizabeth Pinto

Check out my author Web site at
http://www.brightsideauthor.com.