[Colorado-Talk] ChiliPalooza

Victoria Keatting vkeatting at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:43:22 UTC 2023

Sorry I missed it. Who was the winner?

Victoria Keatting

From: Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Jo
Elizabeth Pinto via Colorado-Talk
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2023 11:28 AM
To: NFB of Colorado Discussion List <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Jo Elizabeth Pinto <jopinto at msn.com>
Subject: [Colorado-Talk] ChiliPalooza

Hi, everybody. I'm heating up the New Mexican green chili with pork that
cooked all day yesterday in my crockpot. My house is beginning to smell like
heaven. The recipe I used was passed down to me from my grandma, and the
smell brings back childhood memories of the fall, when four generations of
us would get together to roast chilies in her backyard horno, or adobe oven,
then peel them while they were warm, pack them in Ziploc bags, and layer the
bags in her freezer. She had an entire freezer in her kitchen set aside for
red and green chilies. She and my grandpa would travel from farm to farm,
tasting chilies to choose just the right ones for roasting. I could go on
and on about my grandparents, but anyway, see you all in a few hours.

Blessings,

Jo Elizabeth Pinto

Check out my author Web site at

http://www.brightsideauthor.com.