[Community-service] Cleveland site center.

Serena Cucco serena.c.cucco at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 17:56:03 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I think the reason the NFB centers make you take all classes,
regardless of your proficiency, is that the centers were first
designed for people who were going blind as adults, so generally, had
no prior training in blindness skills and may have lacked the
confidence that they could live with their new condition.  Of course,
being born blind/visually impaired is different.  Hopefully,
congenitally blind folks have received at least basic training in
Braille or low vision equipment and cane travel, so might not really
think they need a Braille class.

Serena