[Community-service] lose change jar.

Chris Parsons christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 10 20:36:11 UTC 2014

Jordan,

First, I don't recall seeing you post to the list before, so welcome. I'm
Chris Parsons, the vice president of the Community Service Division.

I've always liked the idea of the loose change jar as a way to gather some
money to donate to a local charity. You also mentioned that you have thought
about being a Salvation Army bell ringer during the holidays. I would
encourage you to pursue that as a way to get out in the community and
volunteer if it's something you really want to do. I did some quick
research, and here's some information about how to get involved with the
bell ringers.

Getting involved: http://www.ringbells.org/

Some frequently asked questions:
http://salvationarmynorth.org/volunteer/bell-ringer-faq/

I hope you find this helpful, and if you do end up volunteering, please let
us know about your experience.

Chris