[Community-service] Fundraising Committee meeting rescheduled

Darian Smith president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Tue Aug 9 17:21:39 UTC 2016

Thank you, Jonathan.

 As a national division that has a clear  focus on essentially giving of one’s time and talent to  help others in our community, one can wonder just why we might need to fundraise?
 Well, the truth is, in order  to do really interesting, exciting and impactful things that  would allow us to help more people and in the process support the mission and vision of  our national movement in raising expectations of the blind, we are gong to need money to get it done.
 many people expressed interest  in being a part of our habitat build, and a number of people actually participated. doing this required that transportation be provided to the  project. If we don’t fundraise  then we don’t have the  ability to support our members by providing transportation  to and from  future service projects.
 Still, there are a number of readymade service projects that can accommodate a number of people and can be set up in the  convention hotel and these cost money to put together.

 Imagine being a part of a division  that is able to provide a scholarship for a blind student who  is very active in community service, and hearing  that scholarship and student being mentioned by name at banquet.
 Maybe there is a person who has wonderful ideas and expertise in community service, and we might want to  bring them to the convention to learn from them and help them learn about blindness.
 What are other things we can do to break down the barriers to community service  that blind people face? what are the programs we can dream of that will build our division and help us to build our  movement as a direct result?
 If you have ideas, then Iurge you to attend. If you don’t have ideas, but are willing to do what is needed, I urge you to attend.
  Thanks for reading and look forward to your  involvement.
  Darian
> On Aug 9, 2016, at 9:16 AM, Jonathan Franks via Community-Service <community-service at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Fellow Federationists,
>  The Fundraising Committee meeting that was scheduled for tonight will
>  now be rescheduled to a week from now on Tuesday, August 16.
>
>  The time and call in info will be the same
>  Time: 9:30pm EST
>  Call-in information: 712-432-0140
>  Access Code: 808277
>
>  I apologize for the last minute notification.
>
>  Thank you,
>
>  Live the life you want and let's get involved!
>
>  Jonathan Franks BSW
> Fundraising Committee Chair
>  Treasurer
>   National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division
>

> --
> expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
> obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
> you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org

Twitter: @NFB_CSD, at goldengateace

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

blindness is not what holds you back.
 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama
 Help drive change for the blind .
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> or call 1-855-659-9314
“