[Community-service] Discussion Starter

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 20:43:32 UTC 2016

Darian and All, I understand all of the info. however do I always
agree with nfb methods or 100 % of the philosophy. The answer is not
always. Am I a dedicated federationist? Absolutly! When it matters and
I am not in agreement, I find another federationist to bounce the
ideas, feelings off of and try to gain a deeper understanding of the
action that is being requested of me. I also feel like that if my
fellow federationist feel strongly about an nfb idea and need my
support even when I do not agree, I then have to weigh the situation
and will usually support them. What I will not do is to defame nfb
based on a  philosophical difference.
Some time ago kevin Whorly wrote a very good article about not
agreeing with each and every word/ idea/ philosophy of the nfb. I will
try to find it and post.
To sum it up, I very seldom agree with everything that any
organization, group, people are saying or doing. I believe this is
healthy and promotes free thinking and opens up dialogue and a
platform for new ideas/ methods to be explored.
Thanks for this topic, really timely, lol! Cheryl Fields
 .