[Community-Service] Challenged Accepted!

Jeanetta price price.jeanetta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 19:07:06 UTC 2021

#StrongerTogether
Let’s get it POPPIN’ in service.
The last name Brown is well known by celebrities that keep POPPIN’ up all over the internet such as Chris Brown, Quincy Brown, Monica Brown and with all respect James Brown, I feel good about community service! However, there’s only one Brown POPPIN’ in service.
Ready, Set, SERVE!
Kendra’s reflection
My name is Kendra Brown, I’m from North Carolina but reside in Tennessee.  I love volunteering by way of helping visually impaired adults as a tech support.  I am a faithful member of the NFB Memphis Chapter in addition to the Community Service Division, and I serve on the Willing Workers Committee.  During this pandemic, I found a way to serve safely. I started off teaching the individuals tips and tricks of the iPhone but ended up being a listening ear. I was able to build confidence in the individuals as well as friendships.  The more I help others boost my confidence in my own abilities.  Knowing that they were able to accomplish what they had trouble with in the beginning is very rewarding.  On the other hand, finding a persons learning style at the beginning can be challenging.  However,  I always overcome this by teaching different types of learning styles so they will be able to grasp the concept being taught.

A note from the Community Service Division. Thank you for your service Kendra.  Keep changing the world one service at a time. “Don’t seek to be happy; let everyone else chase after that rainbow. Seek to be kind, and you’ll find the rainbow follows you.”
#NFB # CommunityServiceDivisiom
#StrongerTogether