[Community-Service] RAINN Climate Survey by May 12th

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 15:50:15 UTC 2021

For those that missed the initial email with the Climate Survey
information, it is pasted below. It needs to be filled out prior to May
12th.

The National Federation of the Blind: RAINN's 2021 Climate Assessment Survey

Introduction to the Survey

Purpose and Survey Background

As part of RAINN's ongoing partnership with the National Federation of the
Blind (NFB), RAINN is conducting a Climate Assessment to gather feedback on
NFB community members' experiences related to sexual misconduct within the
NFB community. The most important part of the Climate Assessment is this
anonymous survey, which is being made available to all of the NFB's
community members.

The anonymous responses submitted electronically will go directly to RAINN
and will not be shared directly with the NFB leadership. The anonymous
independent contractor who built the telephone system, who will then pass
them along to RAINN without any review or interpretation. The NFB
leadership will only receive summarized results, after RAINN has analyzed
the data. No identifying information will be collected, and RAINN will not
cross-reference the data in any way that could lead to someone's identity
being revealed or linked to their responses.

This survey will serve as a baseline measurement of how the NFB community
has received education and training and been provided access to
information, policies, and services related to sexual misconduct, as well
as how the NFB leadership has responded to reports of sexual misconduct
within their ranks. The data gathered will inform ongoing efforts to
strengthen policies, increase training, and improve response mechanisms.

What is Sexual Misconduct?

Throughout this survey, RAINN uses the term sexual misconduct as a
non-legal umbrella term that describes a broad range of inappropriate
behaviors, both criminal and non-criminal. This includes unwanted sexual
attention, inappropriate touching, sexual assault, and rape, as well as
verbal, cyber, or other types of sexual harassment based on gender
presentation, sexual orientation, or other identifying characteristics.

The person who experiences sexual misconduct is referred to as the
victim/survivor. These words are used interchangeably throughout the
survey. However, we recognize that some individuals may feel that one term
resonates with them more than the other, or use different terms at various
points following experiences of sexual misconduct.

Throughout this survey, a person who engages in sexual misconduct is
referred to as a perpetrator.

For the purposes of this survey, an official report of sexual misconduct is
a report that has been filed with the NFB, with the goal of providing
information for the organization's official response, without necessarily
referring to the involvement of law enforcement.

The NFB’s organizational response includes the steps taken to address an
official report of sexual misconduct, communication with those involved in
the incident, investigation efforts, and determination of discipline,
services, and accommodations, as appropriate.

Participation

Please fill out this anonymous survey, which will take approximately 30-45
minutes to complete. It will provide crucial insight on knowledge,
attitudes, and experiences related to sexual misconduct within the NFB
community. Your participation is voluntary and will not be tracked. RAINN
has designed this survey in the hopes of learning more about the NFB
community, in order to better assist the NFB leadership in improving
policies and protocols related to sexual misconduct. Please do not complete
the survey more than once.

If you have any questions about the purpose or methods related to this
survey, please use the Google form at the following link to contact the
team at RAINN responsible for the Climate Assessment:
https://forms.gle/383gu6xxrV7hyHYq9

This form is not a mechanism to report any incidents of sexual misconduct,
and no personally identifying information should be included in messages to
this address. RAINN staff are mandatory reporters. If you disclose
identifying information such as your name, age, and the specifics of an
incident of sexual misconduct, we may have to provide the information you
have given us to the appropriate authorities. If you would like to file an
official report of sexual misconduct with the NFB, we have included
information about how to do so at the end of this survey.

We understand that this topic can be difficult to address. Please take
steps to care for yourself however you need to. If you or anyone you know
is struggling with any issues related to sexual violence, the National
Sexual Assault Hotline is available 24/7 in English and Spanish, via
telephone at 800.656.HOPE (4673), and online at online.rainn.org and
rainn.org/es.

Live The Life You Want!

national federation of the Blind of Ohio

Community Service Committee

nfbohiocs at gmail.com

www.nfbohio.org

"I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the National
Federation of The Blind because my expectations are raised, my
contributions make a difference to me and to others, and I can celebrate
the realization of my dreams with my Federation family”