[Ct-nfb] Legislative Alert from National Convention

Suzanne Westhaver swesthaver at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 21:09:25 UTC 2011

I’ve asked all my friends to call and voice opposition to Section 511 of the Workforce Investment Act. It does not matter whether you are disabled or non-disabled.

As a person who worked as an intern for a former senator, I know the office staff keep a tally of opposition and support for legislation coming up on the senate calendar.  The tally of opposition and support is then reported at the end of the day to the senator.

If you live in the state represented, your opposition or agreement counts.  It’s not a matter of personal impact but your opinion that counts because you may vote that representative out of office.

Organizations voicing opposition also have an impact in voicing opinion as there is power in numbers.