[Ct-nfb] TRANSPORTATION

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 20:47:01 UTC 2011

Debbie,

I think service quality is very dependent on where you live, and people in your area might best address this question. I live in Danbury, and find both para-transit and the regular city bus lines are very good. There are glitches now and then, but generally speaking, I get to where I need to be on time. As for cost, I don't believe daily riders get a discount, although others can correct me if that's wrong. In reflecting on cost, I would ask you to consider how much a car, insurance, gas, tires, and general maintenance would cost. In nearly every case, para-transit or public transportation is a bargain. Depending on where you live, you might find a friend or neighbor or someone from church, etc... who would be willing to give you a lift. Once employed, you may find someone who also works there who lives near you who would be happy to pick you up if you pitch in for gas. Try not to see only obstacles, but be open to solutions.

Best of luck,

chris