[Ct-nfb] TRANSPORTATION

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 16:23:46 UTC 2011

Well I have to tell everyone that for the 6 months I have been taking the
transit and due to me sitting and waiting so much for these 2 buses to get
me  there and back, I have been bringing my knitting with me.  I have made 15
 baby sweaters waiting for buses and I sold my first baby sweater on EBay
this  week.  I am in the Pilot program with NFB and EBay and went to
Baltimore  for the training in February.  There were 16 people chosen out of 150
applicants to participate in this first training.  There are 14 left in the
pilot program as you had to keep working on the learning and participate in
the  training that they set up.  For those going to National Convention EBay
will be there and they will be having several sessions to talk with folks
about  EBay.

They had accessibility  problems especially with screen readers and  the
listing area on EBay site and the members of the Pilot  program have  been
working and testing and giving reports to the accessibility team of EBay to
make it better for people using screen readers

Our job will continue to make EBay a better place for visually impaired
people and my goled is to become an EBay trainer in order to teach others,
especially visually impaired people the ability of becoming a seller on  EBay.

I was suppose to say this at our last board meeting, but I was not at the
board meeting, so here is my little speech to all.

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com

In a message dated 6/18/2011 10:36:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,