[Ct-nfb] introduction

Suzanne Westhaver swesthaver at comcast.net
Thu May 12 20:33:01 UTC 2011

Hello:

What a stir this list has caused, but I’m one of those that thinks it’s a marvelous idea.  As a longtime member, I am looking forward to getting to know new members and getting reaquainted with old friends.

Once everyone that doesn’t’ want to be a part of it is gone, it’d be great to get some introductions to those that are still participating.  I’ll begin at risk of offending those that don’t know how to just hit the delete key.

Just a little about myself- I’ve been blind since I was about 20 and am hitting 40 in October.  My blindness is a result of my diabetes which I’ve had since I was six years old.  I live here in CT with my husband and thirteen year old son along with a retired guide dog and a rescue dog.  I work full time at the Commission on Human Rights and investigate claims of discrimination...or at least I do until they lay me off or eliminate my agency.

In the past I’ve helped to build chapters, run chapters, edit the Federationist and have won several scholarships and grants through the NFB while in college.  For anyone not active with the NFB, these folks showed me so much and gave me hope when I really needed it.  I’ve been less than active in recent years but I’m looking forward to getting chapter upcoming events and other news important to us as a community.

Have a wonderful day!