[Ct-nfb] Another intro

Anne West anne_k1stm at allbraille.com
Fri May 13 00:53:02 UTC 2011

Since Suzanne gave us a nice greeting, I'll add another to the mix.  I live in Southington with hubby John, am 64, ugh, and run a Braille transcription business.  No, I don't transcribe books.  I stick to short things like menus, short instruction manuals if they are blind friendly, and braille lots of business cards.  I am secretary of the Central CT chapter and am an active ham radio operator.

I was born blind and attended the Oak Hill School for the Blind through high school.  I married young (not to John) and did not get to college.  I have one son who is a chef but is now working as a job coach for Seabird Enterprises.  He got tired of cooking.

Enough chatter from me.  I look forward to some good discussion and info here.

Anne West
anne_k1stm at allbraille.com