[Ct-nfb] Obtaining email addresses

Anne West anne_k1stm at allbraille.com
Wed May 18 01:43:56 UTC 2011

Hi gang.  If you are using Outlook Express or Outlook, here are the directions to get individual email addresses.  I don't use Thunderbird or anything Windows seven so can't help there.  Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail should have a link or button to access the header.  The key is accessing the header.

>From the list view of your emails in your inbox or folder, type alt enter to get to the header.  You will see two areas to arrow between, general and details.  Arrow right, at least that's what I do with Outlook Express, to Details.

Tab once and there you can read the header of the email.  Read it as you would a text or Word document.  It will not make sense as there is a lot of stuff in the header telling where the email has gone and what servers it passed through to get to you.

Look for the line beginning with the word "envelope".  The sender's email address appears after "envelope".

Hope that helps.  Contact me off list if you need further explanation.  My email is at the end of this note.

Anne West
anne_k1stm at allbraille.com