[Ct-nfb] VR Stream question

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Sat May 21 23:13:46 UTC 2011

Howdy, Victor Reader users out in cyberland. Today I was listening to Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens, a 40 hour book downloaded from NLS, and I was about 23 hours in when I leaned against a chair with the stream in my pocket, accidentally pushing the 'go to page' button, then exacerbated my mistake by hitting the fast forward button when pulling the unit from my pocket, sending me to the end of the book. When I hit 'cancel', it was too late, and I just went back to the beginning of the book.

Now, I only know the basics of the unit, but there must be a way to 'undo' what I just did, or if not, does anyone know how to advance the book in hour increments, instead of 5 minute increments, which is excruciating?

Thanks,

chris

PS - I know I should have locked the unit, but the problem with that is there's no way to pause it if the phone rings or if your lovely spouse decides to nag you about the mess you left in the bathroom...