[Ct-nfb] my tardy introduction

Barbara Blejewski barbara.blejewski at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 23 16:02:54 UTC 2011

Greetings Everyone

I have been a member of NFB for the past two years.  Iserve as the President of the Greater Hartford Chapter.

I graduated from Saint Joseph College with a degree in English.  Since i became interested in becoming a Rehabilitation counselor, I went back to college at U-Conn to obtain my advanced degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling.  It would not have been possible to obtain employment in this field without the degree.  I have worked in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling positions at The Greater Hartford Association for Retarded Citizens and at The Board of Education and Services for the Blind.  I also worked as a Telephone Caseworker at Info Line.  I worked in these fields for fourteen years.  I currently work part-time as a Volunteer Coordinator for The Independent Transportation Network of Northcentral Connecticut.  Some of the work is done from my home and some is done in the community.

As for leisure activities, I enjoy reading,and Farina, my Seeing Eye Dog and I enjoytaking long walks, and shopping.  I am an avid Boston Red Sox and U-Conn Womens' and Mens' basketball fan. i look forward to participating on this list.