[Ct-nfb] Public Transport Discussion at the CT State Convention

Cookiechumper at aol.com Cookiechumper at aol.com
Tue Nov 1 20:00:01 UTC 2011

Hello and lots of luck to you in your presentation this weekend.  Our  main
seravice Wheels is pretty good and the coast line is pretty ok, but the
disability serice also public that is where a lot of work needs to be done.
It is insane that these services can't do more.  For example I went to
Bridgeport the other day and I had t take Norwalk Transit to the Stop & Shop  on
the Post Rd East and then wait for Bridgeport Access and they do it within
the hour times adn reverse to go home it was crazy.  The Bridgeport Access
is not nearly as knowledgable as Norwalk Transit dispatchers.  YOu can go
into one town on a service, but not go hme from it.  Also too there is
nothing to help one later in the day like if you wanted to go to a seminar or
special event at the Fairfield Library at 6pm you can't do it.  There is no
other inexpensive services public that can do any assisting that is known.
I was screwed on Friday comign back from DSS in Bridgeprot because I didn't
 know that Westport service of Norwalk Transit stops at a different time
then the  rest of the service and I had to get back to Westport and then my
sister came  and got me, but was a serious headache.

Well those are my thoughts and I am sure there are others who are with me
on this front.  Thank you for having a voice and let me know if and when I
can assist you and help with speakign out about this topic as well.

God bless you and lots of luck.

Elizabeth Greenwood

In a message dated 11/1/2011 3:49:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,