[Ct-nfb] product reviews?

Cookiechumper at aol.com Cookiechumper at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 14:53:14 UTC 2011

Hi Chris:

I would go to AFB site _www.afb.org_ (http://www.afb.org)  they do  a lot
with technology and they also have on their site were you can click and  see
reviews of every type of product.  They just won a huge technology  award in
Washington too.  You could also check out Vision Dynamics they do  a lot
with suppliers too, but they are high on prices. They may have other  links on
their site too.

In a message dated 9/26/2011 10:33:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ckuell at comcast.net writes:  Humanware is a big manufacter of a lot of the  prodcuts
that many may have.

Are you affilated with anyone for services like BESB or BRS, etc?  If  you
are like BESB for example Michelle Lareme is the technology person and
Michael Pompano coordinates the technology events. Not srue who is at BRS.

You could always tak with NEAT.  They are solely equipment,  technology,
products, they take donated products and service them and resell  them.

My commpany does work with using voice overs so I am learning of who's who
in technology can give you a lot more, but didn't want to overload you.
You are going to do great and lots of lcuk.

Elizabeth Greenwood

Hello, list.

I'm writing to find out if anyone knows of a web site that posts reviews
of products produced primarily for blind consumers. Talking watches, talking
glucometers, canes, talking scales and that sort of thing. I've purchased
items from a variety of sellers, and too many times the purchased item has
turned out to be a piece of crap. A friend recently told me that the second
bookport plus (a $300 item) that he's purchased from A P H bit the dust
this  past weekend--and it's only 9 months old.

I figured there must be a consumer reports type site moderated by an
entrepreneurial blind person out there somewhere. Does anyone know of  one?

Thanks,

chris

Ct-nfb  mailing  list
Ct-nfb at nfbnet.org